There are a variety of requirements a student must meet to be eligible to begin a candidacy for membership.
For degree seeking undergraduates;
- Must have declared, or have stated an intention to declare, a concentration in accounting, finance or information systems.
- Have attained a cumulative GPA of 3.0 in upper level courses in declared area of concentration, and
- Have attained at least a cumulative GPA of 3.0 in all classes, or
- Have achieved a rank within the top 35% of the university, or
- Have attained at least a 3.25 cumulative GPA on the most recently completed 30 semester hours;
- Or have attained an honors distinction utilized by their institution deemed to be equivalent to the above by the BAP Board of Directors.
For early candidacy
An early candidate is classified as an individual that has not completed any upper-level courses in their declared area of concentration.
- To qualify for early candidacy an individual must have completed both Principles of Financial Accounting (ACC 231) and Principles of Managerial Accounting (ACC 232) at Stephen F. Austin State University, and
- Be awarded the grade of A in both classes.
For degree seeking graduate students:
- Are majoring, concentrating, or have stated interest in accounting, finance, or information systems; and
- Have matriculated into a graduate degree program.